Hearing aids empower individuals the world over to hear more clearly. At Portland Audiology Clinic, we offer the market’s top and most versatile hearing aids and accessories from industry leaders.
- Hearing Aid Styles
- Hearing Protection
- Advanced Bionics
- Caption Call
- Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aid styles are as unique as the individuals choosing them. While all styles serve the same function, each varies in size, look and wear. Additionally, a style that may be suitable for one person may not be suitable for someone suffering from hearing loss to a different degree or level. Hearing aid styles available at Portland Audiology Clinic include:
- In the ear (ITE): ITE devices fit snugly inside the ear canal. While not considered invisible, these small devices are quite small and are suitable for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Invisible in canal (IIC): IIC hearing aids are nearly invisible because of how deep they fit inside the ear canal. Because of their small size, these devices are suitable for people with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in canal (CIC): Also custom-made devices, CIC hearing fit inside the ear canal, except for a small grip or handle, which makes for easy insertion and removal. These devices are suitable for individuals with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Behind the ear (BTE): The most common type of hearing aid, BTE devices are inserted into the ear canal but sit behind the ear with a tube or earmold attached. These devices are typically larger than the in-the-canal devices, enabling individuals with more severe hearing loss to take advantage of them.
- Earplugs and earmolds for hunting: Designed to protect hunters from the damaging impacts of rounds fired.
- Earplugs and earmolds for music: Designed to optimize the musician’s experience by filtering out the damaging sounds, but allowing the music to reach the wearer.
- Earplugs and earmolds for swimming: Designed to stop water from entering the ears while swimming. Available in options that float, making them easy to keep track of.
- iCustom: Designed for use with any type of earbud or button-style earphones.
- DefendEar 1: Designed to amplify during situational awareness, but still block out damaging sounds.
- DefendEar 2: Optimized for intermittent or continuous shots.
- DefendEar Hunter: Provides standard digital features and also functions optimally in wind.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
As the leader in cochlear implants, Advanced Bionics offers the latest technology and soundest devices for those whose hearing needs go beyond the capability of hearing aids.
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Having hearing loss shouldn’t block a person from connecting to today’s latest technological advancements. Today’s hearing aid manufacturers have responded with changing technology to enable for seamless connection to devices like Bluetooth speakers, phones and televisions, digital tablets, GPS devices and more.
Cell phone accessories
For additional clarity during cell phone calls, our audiologists can provide more information about accessories, such as telecoils, earhooks, Bluetooth technology and neckloops, all of which enhance the sound within the hearing aid.
When you think of Oticon, think of compassion and industry standard. Oticon products are the cream of the crop, pushing other manufacturers to rise to create products that help people communicate, interact and participate more fully in life.
Oticon Ponto System: The Oticon Ponto System is a system to help individuals suffering from complete deafness in one ear. Utilizing proprietary technology, the Oticon Ponto System empowers people to hear more clearly than ever before.
Phonak provides hearing aids for every individual. As the industry leader in technology, Phonak hearing aids can be worn 24/7 and paired with myriad wireless devices.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
For individuals interested in reducing their carbon footprint or who may have difficulty changing batteries, Portland Audiology Clinic offers rechargeable hearing products, including hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
ReSound offers a full suite of hearing aids, accessories and apps for individuals suffering from hearing loss.
With the smallest products that look almost completely natural, Signia provides the sleekest looking devices on the market for a noticeably lower price point.
As one of the most popular and well-trusted brands on the market, Starkey Hearing Aids are consistently a go-to for Portland Audiology Clinic patients.
Unitron’s proprietary hearing aid technology brings a unique flavor to the world of hearing aids, offering devices to individuals with varying degrees and types of hearing loss.
- Unitron Flex Trial: Ask us about a free Flex trial today and how you can determine if this is the right system for you.
With a wide breadth of hearing loss solutions, Widex offers high-end support and technology for individuals suffering from hearing loss.